1. Start your day out with quiet time. I have developed the habit of starting every day out with prayer and quiet time with the Lord and reading the Bible or a devotional. I then read 10 pages of a self-improvement book. A great book to start with is “The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life” by Jeff Olson.
2. Avoid sugar. Did you know that just one teaspoon of sugar lowers your immune system for up to four hours? Remember, the more sugar and simple carbs you eat, the more you crave them! Replace the calories you have eliminated with healthy fats such as: nuts, eggs, avocados, olives, and coconut oil.
3. Modify traditional recipes with healthier ingredients. You may be surprised how alternate ingredients can enhance the flavor of your dish and the nutritional value!
4. Do not skip your exercise. Shorten it if you must, but do NOT skip it.
5. Drink water, water, water. Many times we feel hungry and it is really thirst! You will tend to eat less if you drink water ahead of time. Water also aids with digestion and elimination.
6. Do not go to a party or function on an empty stomach. Do eat a small, healthy snack beforehand. You are less likely to overindulge in holiday treats and festive foods.
7. Sleep! Do your best to maintain a regular bedtime schedule; it is important for your physical and mental health.
Get a head start and make your New Year’s resolution early. Do not overeat or overspend! Celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, the birthday of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Have a blessed Christmas!
Leave a Comment